Demolition Costs vary from city, state and region. There are many different factors that go into pricing a demolition project. Estimating a demolition project can be much more challenging that estimating a typical construction project due to the fact THAT there ARE no set prices for each item to be demolished. Factors that can have a significant effect on the price of a demolition project may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Requirements/ Restriction in your area
- Project Location/ Accessibility to Structure
- Project Size
- Scope of Work
- Type of Material (Wood, Concrete, etc.)
- Hauling/ Disposal Fees
- Salvage Material Value
- Hazardous Materials
A few examples of basic demolition projects:
- Demolition of a 750 square foot (25×30) 2 car detached garage could cost from $2.00-$5.00 per square foot making the price range from $1,500-$3,750.
- Demolition of a 1500 square foot residential house could cost from $2.00-$6.00 per sq. ft. making the price range from $3,000-$9,000.
- Demolition of a 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse or office building could cost from $4.00-$8.00 per sq. ft. making the price range from $40,000-$80,000. Interior Demolition of the same 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse could cost from $2.00-$6.00 per sq. ft. making the price range from $20,000-$60,000.
All example pricing is based on the Demolition Contractor providing all material, equipment, insurance to complete project. All resulting debris will be removed from site and recycled or disposed of in a lawful manner
All example pricing are based on the factors listed above
Information and costs are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use and are not intended to provide professional advice. We cannot and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regard to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all demolition projects.